YOUR LINKEDIN HEADLINE
This personal branding statement should use the terminology of the industry in which you are seeking employment.
“Talented certified Financial Planner with experience in managing portfolios.”
“Winner of the 2013 National Financial Planning Challenge.”
“Estate Planner seeking entry-level financial services position.”
YOUR LINKEDIN PROFILE
Using your resume, you can complete your LinkedIn profile and add any additional
accomplishments and recommendations.
- Copy and paste your chronological resume into the corresponding section of your LinkedIn profile builder.
- Edit your education, experience, and other sections.
- Take a photo of yourself headed to a job fair, a conference or a professional event and post it to your profile.
** For more information on how to use LinkedIn effectively, schedule an appointment with a
career professional at 973-720-2653. **
TIPS FOR SAVING YOUR ELECTRONIC RESUME
- Complete your resume and save it in .doc or .pdf format.
- For those resumes being scanned electronically, remove formatting throughout. Do not indent or use italics, bold or underline.
- In your file name, do not include any spaces or programming characters. We recommend calling your document FirstnameLastnameResume.doc. (IE: JaneSmithResume.doc)
- Be sure to follow the directions posted on the specific websites.
CREATING AN ONLINE PORTFOLIO
Showcasing your work can give employers an inside peek into your professionalism, creativity and knowledge.
What to include:
- Reports • Writing Samples
- Recommendation Letters • Ad Campaigns
- Articles • Lesson Plans
- PowerPoint Presentations • Photography
- Links to blogs • Newsletters
- Flyers • Illustrations