Transfer Information

If you are an incoming transfer student to William Paterson, you need to be aware of and follow several processes, so the University can process your financial aid.

Financial Aid does not transfer from institution to institution.

  • Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The link is available on our home page. List WPUNJ as one of your six college choices. William Paterson's Federal School Code is 002625. If you have already completed a FAFSA but did not request that the data be sent to William Paterson University you can have the information forwarded to the University by calling 1.800-4FEDAID and request that WPUNJ be added or make the correction online at the website available on our home page. No other application is required.
  • If you received a New Jersey Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) or State scholarship, you must notify the Higher Education for Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) of your plan to transfer. This will allow these awards to be sent to WPUNJ. You may notify them by calling 1.800.792.8670 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or by correcting your Student Eligibility Notice (SEN) as indicated.
  • If you received a Stafford Loan at your former school you should contact them to complete Exit Counseling. Additionally, if your previous school gave you a Perkins loan, contact their loan collections office to complete an in-school deferment form.
  • If you were chosen for federal verification at your previous college and completed the process, you would still need to complete William Paterson's Verification Procedures as well.

Scholarships Information

Student Employment Information