This program is designed for professional registered nurses who want to teach the next generation of nursing students or nurses. Nursing education takes place in diverse settings; including technical schools, hospitals, two-year colleges, four-year colleges, and universities. Students in this program complete theory and practicum courses in order to be eligible to take the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) or Clinical Nurse Educator examinations(CNE-cl) (National League for Nursing-NLN). The Masters in Nursing Education Program requires 215 practicum hours.
August 1st: Fall semesterDecember 1st: Spring semester*Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space availability basis
Professor Kem Louie Program Director, Department of Nursing firstname.lastname@example.org 973-720-3215
• Online application/ application fee
• A BSN transcript with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required. Applicants with below a 3.0 GPA may contact the program director*
• Undergraduate prerequisite courses in statistics, health assessment, and nursing research**
• A current resume including two names of reference (former faculty and current manager/supervisor)
• One year of RN working experience
• Students enrolling in the WPU on campus program must have an active NJ RN license; students enrolling in the WPU online program must have a active RN license in the state they are practicing
*Students admitted based on program director review with a BSN GPA below 3.0 are required to take 2 graduate nursing courses and earn a B or better in order to continue in the program.
**Students with missing pre-requisite may be admitted with the condition that pre-requisite(s) must be completed within the first academic year before continuing in the MSN program.
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, New Jersey 07470