Non-Federal Work Study

Campus Employment

Students who have not been awarded Federal Work-Study may apply for a non-FWS campus position at the beginning of each semester. Campus Employment (non-FWS) positions are available during the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Please note that certain departments may have limited funds and Campus Employment positions.

Other Campus Emplyment

  • Student Center
  • Recreational Facility
  • Campus Police- Campus Patrols

To obtain information and an application, students must contact the Hospitality Office, located in the Student Center, the Recreational Center, and other departments on campus.

Job Locator & Developer- Assists our own campus employment activity by posting Off-Campus Positions. For additional information about off-campus opportunities, please contact the Career Development Center.

Community Service- Job Location and Development Program
Career Development Center
William Paterson University of New Jersey
University Commons, Room 301
Wayne, New Jersey 07470

Information for International Students

Students who have entered the United States on a non-immigrant alien visa (e.g. F-1 visa) must consult with the Director of the Office of International Student and Scholars (OISS) before accepting any employment including internships, off-campus employment, on-campus employment, and any practical training in their field of study.

Most international students may work on campus under the College’s Campus Employment Program for Non-Federal Work-Study students. International students are not eligible for the Federal Work-Study awards. A Social Security Card is required for payroll processing for international students who work on campus at William Paterson University College. The Director of the Office of International Student Services (OISS) will provide information on applying for a Social Security Card (SSC) if the student does not already have one. The processing period is usually two weeks. The student may only begin working after completing all relevant Forms with the Human Resources and Payroll Office.

Documents Required For International Students

  • I-94
  • I-20 Form
  • Foreign Passport & Visa
  • A written employment offer is required before students are issued official letter from Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) to apply for social security card
  • International students may work a maximum of 20 hours weekly during the school year and 35 hours during breaks.