Graduate Admissions Requirements
Applicants for admission to a master’s degree program must have completed an undergraduate degree program at an accredited institution of higher learning in the United States or abroad. Foreign applicants must hold a degree considered equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree. For a country-by-country breakdown of our requirements, click here.
- All transcripts and degree certificates/ diplomas must be written in the original language of instruction. All original-language documents must be accompanied by a separate, word-for-word English translation. Dual language transcripts are not acceptable.
- Official transcripts must show all courses and subjects taken and all grades (marks) received.
- A course-by-course evaluation of all foreign education credentials is required for most countries and should be forwarded to William Paterson University.
- Diploma Supplements must accompany transcripts from institutions from countries that are part of the Bologna Accord.
- A vocational track is not appropriate preparation for graduate admission.
- Additional requirements are determined by individual graduate programs.