The family nurse practitioner (FNP) track is a 47-credit program that can be completed as a full-time or part-time student. FNPs provide comprehensive primary health care services to individuals from infancy through adulthood. FNPs are prepared to provide care to individuals with acute and chronic illnesses. Preventive health services, patient education, disease management, and illness prevention are provided within the context of family and community. Upon completion of the theory and practicum course requirements, you would be eligible to apply for the Family Nurse Practitioner Certification examination by American Association of Nurse Practitioner (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
August 1st: Fall semesterDecember 1st: Spring semester*Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space availability basis
Professor Cheryl HollemaProgram Director, School of Nursing email@example.com 973-720-3482
• Online application/ application fee
• A BSN transcript with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required. Applicants with below a 3.0 GPA may contact the program director*
• Undergraduate prerequisite courses in statistics, health assessment, and nursing research**
• A current resume including two names of reference (former faculty and current manager/supervisor)
• Currently employed as an RN
• Students enrolling in the WPU on campus program must have an active NJ RN license; students enrolling in the WPU online program must have an active RN license in the US state they are practicing in. To view a list of approved states in which we are accepting applications click here. For your application to be processed, the University must be able to validate your RN license.
*Students with a GPA below 3.0 will be reviewed on an individual basis. If accepted into the program, the student will be matriculated with the condition that the student take 1-2 graduate course and earn a grade of a B or better in order to continue in the program.
**Admitted students who are missing pre-requisite with the condition that pre-requisite(s) must be completed with the first academic year before continuing in the MSN program.
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, New Jersey 07470