After successful completion of the core 48 credits and satisfaction of all requirements, the master’s degree will be awarded. If a student does not advance to doctoral candidacy, the master’s degree may serve as an exit point.
Click here to see our brochure.
• A bachelor's and transcript from an accredited college or university.
• Psychology courses required prior to enrollment:
• Preferred: Minimum undergraduate GPA: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or minimum graduate GPA: 3.50 on a 4.0 scale.
• Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores: Competitive GRE scores on the verbal, quantitative, and analytic sections of the Graduate Record Exam taken within the last five years.
• Personal Statement, address ALL of the following:
• A curriculum vitae (C.V.), which includes clinical, research and/or human services experiences.
• Three letters of recommendation:
• In-person interview (required)
Applications for the Fall 2019 semester due Jan 1, 2019. All application materials, including official transcripts, GRE score reports, and recommendation letters must be received by the deadline.
Summer 2018 Graduate Open House dates:
Thursday, August 16, 2018: 5:00 - 7:00 PM
Light refreshments will be served. Please save the date. More details for the location and registration of the event will be available later.
WANT TO LEARN MORE? WATCH WEBINAR WITH PROGRAM DIRECTOR, DR. MICHELE CASCARDI
Graduate Assistantships: Graduate assistantship opportunities will be available to select students with outstanding credentials. The assistantships provide tuition waivers and a stipend. Click here for details.
Teaching:After earning a master’s degree, qualified graduate students may apply to teach as adjunct faculty to gain undergraduate teaching experience.
Grants:Please contact the program regarding research, clinical, or training grants that may be available for student support.
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, New Jersey 07470