The nursing administration track is a 31-credit program that prepares a nurse administrator to work in a variety of health care environments. Nurse administrators often manage a team of nurses, or a specific nursing unit or shift. Nurse administrators can interact directly with patients but are often assigned to a managerial role. A unique feature of the program is the ability to enroll in three MBA courses offered through the Cotsakos College of Business.
The program is designed for either part- or full-time study. Upon completion of the theory and practicum course requirements, you will be eligible to apply for the Nurse Executive, Advanced Certification Examination by American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) administrator certification exams: Certified Nurse Manager and Leader (CNML) and Executive Nursing Practice (CENP). The type of certification is based on experience level. Currently only offered online.
August 1st: Fall semesterDecember 1st: Spring semester*Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space availability basis
Professor Cheryl HollemaProgram Director, School of Nursing email@example.com 973-720-3482
• Online application/ application fee
• A BSN transcript with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required. Applicants with below a 3.0 GPA may contact the program director*
• Undergraduate prerequisite courses in statistics, health assessment, and nursing research**
• A current resume including two names of reference (former faculty and current manager/supervisor)
• Currently employed as an RN
• Students enrolling in the WPU on campus program must have an active NJ RN license; students enrolling in the WPU online program must have an active RN license in the US state they are practicing in. To view a list of approved states in which we are accepting applications click here. For your application to be processed, the University must be able to validate your RN license.
*Students with a GPA below 3.0 will be reviewed on an individual basis. If accepted into the program, the student will be matriculated with the condition that the student take 1-2 graduate course and earn a grade of a B or better in order to continue in the program.
**Admitted students who are missing pre-requisite with the condition that pre-requisite(s) must be completed with the first academic year before continuing in the MSN program.
William Paterson University
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, New Jersey 07470